CSCA is an iconic New England landmark, and for more than 40 years has been highly acclaimed among the nation’s premier culinary schools. Here, students gain the essential knowledge and foundational skills a great culinary education demands – classic fundamentals of cooking and baking, history and influences of the world’s greatest cuisines, techniques for mastering common and exotic ingredients, and more.
The CSCA Admissions Department is responsible for providing prospects with their first impression of the School and setting the tone for the unique experience awaiting them as students. The mission of the CSCA Admissions department is to make personal connections with all prospects and provide them a personalized admissions experience that is reflective of their unique needs and goals. The Admissions Coordinator will have a "do whatever it takes" approach to working passionately with prospective and current students throughout the admissions process and beyond.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meets enrollment goals through proactive and persistent communications, outreach, interactions, and follow through with all leads and prospective students.
- Maintains an accurate, timely and fluid record of all leads, prospects and applicants in Top School, ensuring at-a-glance confirmation of status.
- Maintain accurate records in database to prove payment schedule and fund receivables.
- Work with accounting to ensure all funds are disbursed as scheduled, ensure all VA payments are coordinated and submitted properly and in a timely manner.
- Maintain the application breakdown field indicating the applicant’s progress in the admission process.
- Update Management weekly on status of all leads/candidates, progress and plans to achieve goals
- Encourages information session attendance, through proactive and persistent communication, follow up and outreach.
- Sets up/breaks down, organizes, and facilitates all Information Sessions. After each information session, follows up with both attendees and registered guests that did not attend.
- Sets up/breaks down, organizes, and facilitates all Open Houses. After each Open House, follows up with both attendees and registered guests that did not attend.
- Presents the CSCA and its programs convincingly and enthusiastically at informational sessions and during all customer interactions – whether in person or via written and verbal communications.
- Coordinates and leads prospective student tours
- Prepares and mails requested catalog packages when needed and in a timely manner
- Conducts all necessary document tracking
- Provides and answers course curriculum questions
- Maintains constant contact with all applicants to ensure satisfaction through the entirety of the application process. Working with the applicant to try and overcome any potential obstacles that may arise.
- Handles applicant questions/concerns regarding admissions procedures, application status, and other appropriate information needed to apply/enroll and proceed through orientation
- Promotes class observations to prospective students and coordinates the observation with both the prospective student and the chef instructor
- Conducts in person admissions interviews with each applicant and prepares Enrollment Agreements upon acceptance.
- Assists with orientations as required
- Organize file for each applicant.
- Provide management with suggestions and strategies to enhance the admissions process to better serve prospective students and maximize enrollment in CSCA’s professional programs.
- Oversees and coordinates VA Benefits processing.
- Oversees and coordinates international students processing through SEVIS
- The ability to lift 25 pounds, stand, kneel, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- This is a salaried, exempt position with a base schedule of Monday – Friday, 8:30-5:00pm.
- Will be required to work some nights and weekends as necessitated by business circumstances, including “all hands on deck” events, i.e.: bi-weekly information sessions, professional and certificate graduations, Open Houses and Orientations
- This job occurs primarily in an office environment and occasionally in commercial kitchens which may vary in temperature and humidity.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties or tasks as needed, directed or assigned.
May include oversight of one or more of the following positions:
- Admissions Representative
- SEVIS and Veteran Benefits Administrator
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelors Degree or some college work, preferred
- Culinary Experience preferred.
- Admissions Experience, including systems and processes is a plus
- Microsoft Office
Benefits and Perks
- CSCA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid Holiday, vacation, PTO, 401K with profit sharing, medical, dental.
****NOTE: A CORI/Background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.****